Friday, March 4, 2011

Exciting Changes!

So many things to talk about and so little time!

I think I want to start off by saying a big THANK YOU to all of my clients for your business, to all of my friends for their kind words and uplifting comments, to my family for their support, and to other local businesses (Emi Hats, Add Love and Bitsy Jane to name a few) for their ongoing support as well. This last year and a half has been the BEST EVER and I have all of you to thank for that!

Now, onto some new and exciting changes and things you will be seeing from me in the near future.

1. The website is in the process of being updated! I started back in January and only got part way through and then ran out of time. So if you gander over there, check out what's new and ignore the empty galleries . . . .they will be updated soon! There are new pictures, new prices (don't worry, they only went up by $25), and new studios!
Head on over to www.ladidalanephotography.com to check it out.
2. The boudoir studio has been up and running for a few months now and it is doing great! I have been quite busy with boudoir photoshoots and they are definitely one of my favourite types of shoots to do. Although I have so much more that I want to do with that studio, it suits my needs at the moment. If you are interested in seeing some of my boudoir work, you need to email me for the gallery password at ladidalanephotography@hotmail.com
3. Mini Sessions! Right now I do not offer mini-sessions all of the time. I will however be offering them at special times of the year. This year I will be offering Easter (possibly with baby chicks), Mother's Day, Father's Day, Halloween and Christmas mini sessions. More details about these sessions in the future so make sure to check the blog and or Facebook group regularly!
4. New and improved home studio! I have been working on some new backdrops and a new look to my home studio. It is not quite finished, but it is well on it's way. I have a couple of new adorable props (one I have used, one is not quite done) and a million more ideas bouncing around in my brain! I have also purchased quite a few Matilda Jane outfits and some other BEAUTIFUL dresses from my friend Jackie (www.chickenlittlephotography.com) so that when your child comes, there will be outfits here for him or her to choose from if you would like. Obviously I cannot have every outfit in every size, but I do intend to continue collecting and buying until I have a large selection for you to choose from. This is of course on top of the tu-tus, pettiskirts, Emi Hats, Add Love headbands, Bitsy Jane onesies, diaper covers, baby legs and other odds and ends that I already have. And of course I will continue to purchase and/or make unique props for my clients to use during the photoshoots. The props are literally taking over the house and the garage (just ask my grumpy husband), but my motto is "you can never have too many"!
5. I am gearing up for wedding season as my Sassy Chic Partner Tammy Thomsen and I have 11 weddings booked so far this year. We have had a great time so far and look forward to all of our weddings this year. Check out our wedding website if you have time,
www.sassychicphotojournalists.com.
6. Grad season is also just around the corner and I am already taking bookings. I am already booked the 29th and 30th however it is also a good idea to book your grad photos the day of your hair trial. That way you are all dolled up and there are no time constraints. :)
7. This last one is the one I am SUPER excited about. I can't spill all of the beans yet, but just know that it has to do with a
new studio, a farm and a beautiful red couch! I was brainstorming on how I could offer my clients a new and unique location for their 2011 family photos and this is it! Once this snow finally lets up I can get to work on it and tell you the rest!

Thank you again for all of the support and I am so excited about what this year has to offer!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is so exciting Jen!
Really looking forward to it!

Add Love said...

Very Exciting!!! You are the best and I am so happy to be working side by side with you. We are taking Lethbridge by storm and the possibilities are endless! You rock girlfriend and it shows in your work. The photos you capture are priceless and families will be admiring them for lifetimes :)I'll have to take advantage of this couch and farm you are talking about...sample shoot perhaps? Amanda

Post a Comment